Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine's Activity

UPDATED!! 

These Valentines have been updated!





Hey! So I made this 14 days of Valentine's for my husband last year. I had a LOT of fun with it... probably more than my husband:


I put this up on my family's blog and didn't think about it until just the other day I logged in and noticed I had A TON of comments on its post. Turns out over 200 people wanted me to e-mail it to them for Valentine's day!!

That got me thinking that maybe we could tweek it a little and do it for activity days!! So I changed the sayings just a little bit and I think it will be really fun for the girls! We haven't done it yet but I wanted to post this on here early so that if you wanted you could do it in time for Valentine's day also.

So my plan is to have the girls pick someone... a friend, family member or even parent that they would like to do this for. Maybe we can have them think about a friend at school that may not have very many other friends or someone who needs service. Then we will spend the activity putting it together. I changed the sayings a little bit and made the sayings so that they could color them in and then we'll just tape them to the candy. I think if we do this with mini-sized candies it won't end up being too expensive.

Here is what I plan on doing cause I think it will be the easiest and cheapest...this is subject to change based on what they have at the store...


1. I am nuts about you: any mini candy bar with nuts.
2. You are o’fish’ally awesome: Small bag of Swedish Fish
3. I’d be in KNOTS without you: Pretzels (get one big bag, put some in a ziploc)

4. You stole a piece of my heart: Reeses piece
5. I am stuck on you: A sucker or gum
6. You color my world: Skittles

7. + Scripture. You are a sweetie: Sweet tarts


Here are the others:
  • You are a hot tamale: Hot tamales
  • You are the star in my eyes: Starbursts
  • Be my friend now and later: Now and Later
  • You are priceless to me: 1000 Grand
  • Thanks for going to bat for me: Babe Ruth
  • I like the way you roll: ROLLO
  • I have a crush on you: Crush soda
  • You rock my world: Rock Candy
  • Being your friend is a joy: Almond Joy
  • I ‘soda’ think you are amazing: any soda
  • You are the apple of my eye: apple or apple candy (I know at my dollar store they have apple suckers. If you don't do "I'm stuck on you" using suckers, you could use this one)





I also plan on including a picture of Christ or at least this scripture on the last one,  explaining the true meaning of LOVE.

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-39

If you would like me to e-mail you the word document in case you want to change the sayings more, I'm happy to e-mail them to you. I try to check my e-mail around once a month. If you would like them right now, you can get them HERE.


4 comments:

  1. Can you email me the word document?
    jessica.ashurst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me the document too.. Thank you so very much.. trobe09@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I Get The Word Document Too? This is Such A Cute Idea. Flintxc@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you send me the word doc??? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete