Sunday, October 2, 2022

Latter Day Saint Church History Lesson + "Jeoparty" for Kids and Youth - Learn some basics about church history!



I'm embarrassed to say my kids hardly knew a thing about Church History. We live near Salt Lake and I have taken them to the Church History museum and they still didn't know hardly anything. I made this lesson for my own family and think it would make an AWESOME activity days or Family Home Evening. 

If you choose to use the digital version of the "Jeoparty", you shouldn't need anything besides a lap top, HDMI cable and your computer (unless you're more tech savvy than I am and you know how to do this a better way). 


I started with the Church History Lesson. I got all the information for the slides form LDS.org … there are a lot more topics but I  narrowed it down to highlights with just a couple bullet points on each slide. 


1. Young Joseph Smith
2. Joseph Smith's First Vision
3. Moroni Visits Joseph Smith
4. Joseph Smith Marries Emma Hale
5. Joseph Smith Obtains Plates
6. Priesthood Restored
7. Book of Mormon Translation Completed
8. Book of Mormon Published
9. Church Organized
10. Quorum of the Twelve Organized
11. Kirtland Temple Dedicated
12. Joseph Smith Imprisoned in Liberty Jail
13. Relief Society Organized
14. Joseph Smith Martyred
15. Brigham Young Arrives in Salt Lake
16. Salt Lake Temple Dedicated




After the Church History Lesson, divide the group into two different groups for some Church History Jeoparty!



I used the digital version.... so all I did was click the number and the question would appear underneath: 






All these files are available on my ETSY and I also included a scorecard for two different teams and of coarse an answer key :) HAPPY Jeaoparty!!



No comments:

Post a Comment