Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Plate and Candlestick (Developing Talents)

We did this activity a very long time ago so I forgot to mention it earlier... but I think the girls really loved it so I wanted to post about it.

We made a cute serving plate by glueing a candlestick and plate together. These are super trendy right now and I think our girls at least felt super special that they would have one of thier own.

Here are some pictures of some that I found online. I didn't take any pictures when we made them with our girls, but here is the idea:





So I got the plates that we used at Tai Pan Trading for 90 cents each. They were super cute plates. Then I got the candlesticks at DI for 50 cents each. I got the glue that we used at a craft store... I can't remember what is was called now (had some numbers in it) but pretty much anybody that works at a craft store could probably tell you good glue to use. So for about a 1.50 per girl, they took home thier very own platter. I told the girls they can use it for food, they can put it in thier room and use it for jewelery or hair pins... whatever they want.

4 comments:

  1. Really love your ideas! Just got put in Activity Days with my daughter this month. I will be looking for ideas on your blog a lot! Is there any for you to put your calendars on the main blog so we can see them? I can't even read your plans for each month and my screen is pretty big. It's also blurry on my phone. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how! I'm planning on looking into that shortly. I have them saved in a word document if you want me to e-mail them to you, I'm happy to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please email me your calendar? What great ideas you have! Please email me at: mommamorgan@mac.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete