Friday, September 2, 2022

Articles of Faith Gymnastics Party - Primary Activity Idea - Review the Articles of Faith


So we did a gymnastics birthday party for my 8 year old girl. I thought it was pretty great!



Since I know gymnastics is super popular with this age, I thought it could also make a great primary activity! Add some balloons to a few signs and a banner, and you got yourself a party!


The idea is you give each person a "gymnastics challenge card". I put ours in name badge holders, but I think it would work great to just tie some yarn or something to each corner to make it a necklace. 


Challenges come in pink and blue!



I think no matter where you are ( church, home, park, backyard) this activity can work without any equipment! Equipment (especially mats) would be nice (maybe you can borrow from someone in your ward, I know many people in my ward have at least the IKEA one).  I did make event signs so if you are being creative with "equipment" you could at least label and that should help tie the activity together. Here are some ideas: 

  • if you are in a gym, you can use the basketball lines on the floor as the "beam" and maybe bring some blankets to make a "floor"
  • most any soft ottoman can work as a "vault"
  • cut old carpet to make a skinny, long piece as a beam
  • bar is a bit trickier, but a shower curtain might work 
  •  you could host this activity at a park/in a backyard, using the monkey bars and grass as the "floor"







While gymnasts are waiting their turn at an event, or waiting to pass off one of their gymnastics challenges, they can pick an Articles Of Faith challenge. Once they answer that correctly, they can proceed with their turn. I would place just a pile of a about 10 cards at each event and let them rotate through the questions. 




It took me about 30 minutes to put this activity together - most of the time making the Article of Faith Challenge cards that once this activity is over can be used over again ( I would keep these for any future activity downtime as a filler). The "answer card" just has all the Articles of Faith written out. 





Then to end the activity, I would give each person this handout - an Article of Faith/My Gospel Standards scripture card. I call it a scripture card because it is sized to fit in standard scriptures. My kids both have one and refer it often during sacrament meeting. I laminated theirs. 


If you choose to do this activity, you can save this image below as a picture on your phone and then fill in using a text tool on your phone. Once it's filled in, you can text it out to parents as their invitation to the party. Our ward uses Group Me, so I would just post this on the Activity Days GroupMe thread. 



You can get my files for THIS ACTIVITY and many more HERE. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment